Monday, August 20, 2007

Anna Turns TWO!!!






It took me a while to get Anna's birthday pictures up...in case you didn't notice. I know, I know, I've been slacking. Anna had a bug themed birthday party with a few of her friends this year. We chose bugs because she's been super interested in them since this past spring.  I still tried to make the bug theme cute and girly.  :)  Anna loved having a birthday...a little too much. Yeah, this year it went to her head a bit. Ethan's birthday is 5 days after Anna's, and she just could not comprehend how it could be anyone elses birthday besides her own... now that she'd experienced the full glory of having a birthday.  Ha. 
I don't really consider myself a crafty, 'cutesy' kind of person, but sometimes I try (and I LOVE the "planning" part of it).  I really think Anna's party turned out so adorable, if I do say so myself. hehe.  :)  I loved how it all came together.  Although, I don't think I'll do another "kid party" for a while. OK, there was bug themed food, gift bags (home made and personalized :), decorations (home made), a bug book I read, bug games and music. It's not in any of these pictures, but the kids put on little antennas I made for them and played a Bee game...adorable.  It involved a song and "stinging" the person that rhymed in.  :)  I had hid bugs around the yard and in the sand box before the party, and the "find the bugs" game was a big hit.  It was too cute!  It was just so much fun; I loved planning it for and with Anna! 
So happy birthday to my precious, little Anna! I love her so much and cannot imagine my life without her. Anna is so sweet, funny, kind, outgoing, quirky, serious, smart, beautiful, EVERYTHING! I say this about every stage that she's in, but I love, LOVE, having a two year old. It is hilarious, fun, draining, and rewarding. Being a mom is the best! I am so blessed to have Anna as my daughter.

1 comment:

Pat & Amber said...

Looks like a fun party! I haven't met you guys YET, but I look forward to it someday. It seems like I already know you just watching your new posts on here. Thanks for sharing and allowing me a chance to somewhat get to know you! Your daughter is adorable! You have a great blog spot!

Amber Jones (Pat's wife)