Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Last Few Weeks...


First Picture: Anna pretending that she is a baby. Second Picture: Benjamin, Anna and Aiden playing at Aiden's house. (My friend across the hall has kids the same age...yay!)

Benjamin and Tristan playing together. This is Ben-Ben's first friend. The baby book that I keep for him has a spot for a picture and paragraph about "Baby's first Friend" so we had a little photo shoot. They play pretty well together...for 10 months old. And by "play" I mean they take things away from each other over and over and over. Tristan is 3 weeks older than Ben...they're so cute together.
This is Ben sporting the "Made in the U.P." shirt my parents got for him. I know, I know, it's a little weird with all that the statement implies, but we try to humor them. And Benjamin was a good sport about it. :)
Here's a bit more personal info for those interested..it's not pretty:
So, January seemed to just go on forever. I am glad to report that I made it through...but just barely. I know I mentioned it in my last post, but it was just one hard month...mainly the last week. The kids were sick at various points, so we stayed home...often. Ben was teething...yet again. I got sick too...no fun. It doesn't sound that bad trying to write about it now, but I was just going CRAZY in this little apartment with crying, needy kids day after day. Unfortunately, I can't even say that I stayed positive and patient despite the circumstances. (But I really, really tried...really.) To say I was snappy and emotional would be an understatement. That was the worst part of all...me.
But, I have moved on. Thank goodness for forgiveness. Ethan was so supportive and helpful and forgiving. And sweet little Anna was so understanding, for a 3 year old. Most importantly, through lots of prayer, I could feel the forgiveness, love and support of my Heavenly Father. What a blessing! We're not perfect and we don't always handle things well, but that's okay. We can recognize that, ask for help and forgiveness, and move on. It's a good feeling. Perfectly corresponding with this good feeling was an increase in temperatures and sunny days these last few weeks. We've been on a few walks and almost all of our snow has melted. Yippee!! Life is beautiful.

No comments: