- I volunteered at Anna's school for her Activity Day. I worked at the Watermelon station, and loved seeing her running around with her friends celebrating the end of the school year. (Pics with Anna in the yellow skirt.) I love the happy vibe at Elementary Schools (probably why I went in to teaching:), and especially love Anna's little school.
- We've been loving our backyard, and spending lots of time back there! LOVING IT! The swing set that Ethan's Grandparents got the kids is up (it was quite the process, including cementing it into the ground - thanks babe!), and super fun. Thank you so much! My mom got a baby swing for Caleb which he loves too. Thanks! We put in a little platform in our back path in the woods for easy access to the cemetery (AKA the duck pond place, or where we ride bikes) and the fit strip area. The outside toys are in two storage bins on the deck for easy access. Tree climbing is in full swing. So, lots of pics of the backyard fun.
- Ethan and Benjamin went on their first Father/Son campout for church. Ben-Ben talked about it non-stop for two weeks. And he loved going. He felt so special to get so much alone time with daddy. You know, sometimes it's hard being the middle child! I can so relate! :) Love that Ethan and Benjamin had that experience together.
- Anna had a girl's night with her friend while Ben was gone camping. Love when she has time to be girly, uninterrupted by Benjamin. Hair, nails, make-up, fancy dogs (of the stuffed variety), movie and popcorn. The works. So cute.
- Auntie KC graduated from High School a week ago, and the kiddos were so proud of her. They really get in to any kind of celebratory happening. :) We had them over for a cookout after to help celebrate. And so, Ethan's baby sister is growing up and moving on. Good job Katherine!
- Anna has been loosing teeth. The bottom two have been gone for awhile now, and then about three weeks ago she lost a top front. Well, the other top one scooted over and she looked like a hillbilly for about two weeks until the it fell out. Check it out below . . . it's hard to miss! hehe Growing up . . . it's gotta stop! (And Benjamin has a pic below showing all of his teeth, because he claims they are ALL loose. Wants to be just like his big sister . . .)
- I went to Anna's end of year music presentation at her school. I love that she loves music - just like her mommy, and it definitely showed during her class presentation. I can't believe she's going to be in first grade next year! Gah, I can't even think about it! Moving on . . .
- Caleb loves corn on the cob (just like his mommy :), and the other morning he wasn't in the mood to eat anything for breakfast . . . so corn-on-the-cob it was.
- I have a picture of Anna sleeping with a face mask on. 1) It stays light soooo late up north! And 2) She picked it out herself from a dollar section at a store. I didn't think she'd actually use it, but she does, and it works like a charm!! If she's having trouble falling asleep, we tell her to put it on, and she's out like a light.
- One day a few weeks ago, Anna and Benjamin were in the basement playing with the dress up stuff. When I called them up for lunch, I had Spiderman and Queen Anastasia show up for lunch. It was pretty cute. Love them.
- There's a pic of Benjamin sleeping with a sticker/tattoo book on his chest. I found this at a garage sale for 20 cents, and knew that Ben-Ben would love it. And I was right - the possessions he loves THE MOST he sleeps with. It's only happened a few other times. hehe. Side note: Speaking of yard sales, I have been on a role - Things for the house (that I usually repurpose, or put a fresh coat of paint on, etc.), clothes for the kids, outside toys/items now that we have a yard again, books, etc. I have been getting some sweet deals!! Anyone who knows me, knows I do not like having unnecessary stuff around, so I'm not bringing in tons of junk. :) I'm looking for very specific things. And I've been finding them. AND I was reading a book recently about simple ways to live green and be kind to our planet. Buying second hand was one of them, and I thought, "Well, I have that down." hehe. (And I have other things down too . . . with other areas that I can definitely improve on.) So, for lots of reasons, yard saling has been a very positive thing lately. Ok. Done with my tangent.
- Ok. I was going to keep this short, and I'm just rambling on. Main point. Life is good. Now, enjoy the pictures!
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Life Lately, According To My Pictures . . .
Okay, so, life is good. As I read over my last post, it was definitely me writing out/working through my stuff lately, and it could have come across as a bit of a downer. When I re-read it, I thought, "I don't feel like this anymore." Which is exactly why I wanted to record it at the time. I think any job has it's ups and downs - wanting to move on to other things, not happy with certain aspects, etc. - and so it is with "full time mommyhood" as my current job right now. But, summer's here, the sun is shining, fun is happening. Life is good. Just wanted to clarify. :)
Posted by Ange